Thursday, March 19, 2009

Olivia's Baby Blessing


On Sunday, we had the opportunity to bless our cute little Olivia Jayne. (For those of you who may not be familiar with the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [aka "the Mormons"], we believe in blessing and formally naming our children when they are infants. We believe this to be similar to the ordinance that took place when the baby Jesus was presented to the Elders at the temple in Jerusalem when he was an infant.) At any rate, Olivia looked so cute in her little white dress.
-
Olivia is such a good little girl. Over the last several nights, she's been sleeping for 7 hours straight before she wakes up to eat! After she eats gets her diaper changed, she'll go right back to sleep for another 2-3 hours before waking up for the day. We feel very blessed that she likes to sleep!
-
Abby's parents left on Monday to serve a mission for our church. They will be serving as volunteers in Anchorage, Alaska for the next two years. We are sure going to miss them! Fortunately, we've already booked our tickets to go visit them the end of this summer...and possibly do a little fishing. :)
-
By the way, the photo is a little misleading... Abby's parents are on the outside edges and my Mom is next to me. We're not quite sure how the positions got mixed up.

4 comments:

Hammy Shan said...

Olivia is truly a little angel and has brought so much joy and happiness into everyones' lives. It was really a beautiful, special day. PICTURE EXPLANATION: I think the main reason Kathy and I ended up standing in each other's spot is that Abby and I were both in black & white . . . this arrangement made it more balanced and aesthetically pleasing:).

Amber said...

Olivia looks adorable and very angelic! I am glad that the day went well for your family!

Ashley said...

I really like the picture... you must've had a fantastic photographe ;) Love you! Ps I have some more great pics I'll email them to you.

Ashley said...

Who shoots much better than she spells ;)