Monday, January 5, 2009

The Bet!

While I was growing up, my parents and church leaders always counseled me that I shouldn't gamble... now I know why! Even when you think you have a "sure thing," there is never a guarantee...especially when it comes to college football.


Abby's Dad and I had a bet over the Utah-Alabama game. I thought Alabama would destroy Utah. Abby's Dad was so confident in his Utes that he was willing to bet without me even spotting him any points. If Alabama won, he had to wear my BYU hat to a U of U basketball game and buy my lunch. If Utah won, I had to wear his Utah hat to work today and buy his lunch. As I'm sure you already know, much to my surprise, Utah won convincingly.



As you can see in the photo below, I lived up to my end of the bet. Here is a picture that I can guarantee you won't see again anytime soon so all of you Utah fans out there better enjoy it!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love it! Wear that red proudly boy! :)

Daniel B. said...

A very sad picture for a Cougar, but one heck of a game for Utah and the Mountain West!