Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Hi everyone, my name is..."


At long last, we have finally decided on a "real" name for the baby formerly known as "Mo." We have struggled between several different names for months. We thought for sure that we would know exactly what to name her once we saw her yesterday, but it just didn't happen. Even since her birth, we have changed our minds several times. (This whole process probably gives you some insight as to why it took us both until we were 30+ yrs old to get married!) Ultimately, we have come back to the very, very first name that we both liked 7 or 8 months ago...even before we knew that Mo was going to be a little girl.
Okay, I will stop stalling and tell you what it is. From now on, Mo will be known as
Olivia Jayne Crist
We both really like the name Olivia, but one of us needed some persuading on the middle name. We plan to call her "Olivia" or "Livie"...
...or maybe just "Mo!" :)

10 comments:

Kari Badell said...

She is absolutely adorable and I love love love her name. Especially the middle name...it's always been a name that I've loved. Have so much fun and enjoy EVERY stage that she'll go through because the time goes by so fast.

Amber said...

That is the perfect name for her! She is so gorgeous, you are truly blessed! I can't wait to meet her!

shelly said...

Congratuations! She is beautiful! I love her name!

Bret said...

I was pulling for "Moesha" but Olivia works. Kidding. A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.

Sweeney Household said...

Hey, long lost cousin! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! We are thrilled for you. I told your mom that our little Megan was born on the exact same day 3 years ago. Olivia Jayne is absolutely beautiful. You will have so much fun with her. We love you!

jenifer, brian, conor, megan

Kindra said...

Beautiful name for a beautiful baby. She is so cute! Don't you just want to eat her? lol I love the name Olivia, it sounds like royalty, which she is. :)

Adams Family Album said...

I LOVE the name Olivia! But it will take some practice to not call her Mo! She's so pretty!

Adrian and Danell said...

She is so darling!! We are so happy for your little family! Can't wait to meet her. We love the name Olivia!

Amy & Greg said...

Love the name. Ella's middle name is Jane (no y). I love that name--both names. I am partial to Olivia because of the Olivia the pig books. So fun! If you haven't read those books--you need to. THe pig has so much personality and style. Congrats!!

tracy layne said...

Congrats guys! Olivia is absolutely beautiful! More pictures please! :)